the smallest administrative district of several European countries
a body of people or families living together and sharing everything
communicate intimately with; be in a state of heightened, intimate receptivity;
"He seemed to commune with nature"
receive Communion, in the Catholic church
- The commune has embarked on a program of reshaping its hills and rivers.
- The people's commune laid down another20 mu with grass.
- I will commune with you of your marriage.
- I would commune with you of such matters.
- Therefore we invite you to come and commune with us frequently.
- As one communes with the fire of the candle, you commune with Earth.