- [C]爆发,突然发生 a sudden appearance or beginning of sth bad
a sudden violent spontaneous occurrence (usually of some undesirable condition);
"the outbreak of hostilities"
- There has been an outbreak of typhoid.
- The research project fetched up because of the outbreak of the war.
- The hospital wards were fumigated after the outbreak of typhus.
- The outbreak of riot caused many people to die.
- He disclaimed any responsibility for the outbreak.
- An outbreak of typhoid followed.
- At the outbreak of the war he lived in London.
Thanks to the outbreak of war, the..visit did not take place till 1946.出自： R. Berthoud
Problems that could lead to an outbreak of infection.出自：Holiday Which?